Monday, August 13, 2007

Raves, Parties, Gigs, Stuff...

Well, weeks of planning crashed spectacularly on Friday night when the 'Rave for a Cause' totally failed. I don't know if it was SL killing the access to Parkade, the L$300 entry (all money going to charity) or general lack of interest, but no one came, so I pulled the plug and am going to try again on the 24th August. Wish me luck!

I also DJed at the Pontiac/Maxim party which was OK. Unfortunately, I had sound issues and the sim crashed at the end of my set, so I wasn't entirely happy with my performance. I feel like I let a lot of people down :(

Having said that, I've got a new DJ residency at Suffugium on Mondays, 6-8pm PDT although that *might* change soon, depending on how much it wipes me out time-wise. Suffugium is a gorgeously detailed and well built sim. You should check it out... I'll be DJing in the old basketball court, down in the underworld slums.

As for the 'Stuff' as mentioned in the title of this episode, I'm still banging my head against a virtual brick wall getting a working elevator for the Autopia project, but I got another commission from Pontiac and designed the Maxim Edition of the Pontiac Solstice GXP, which is currently parked outside Callie Cline's Beach Resort and will probably find it's way into the Design Park outside the Pontiac Dealership too. That'll take the number of cars I've got on display there into double figures...

I'm still waiting for the G6 to be finished, firstly so we can do the 2 week publicity campaign for it and secondly so I can pull it apart and do things with it. Hopefully it shouldn't be too long now.

SL has recently been really screwey, causing no end of problems. Sims that appear to be online but aren't there when you reach the border (strange, I can TP into them!), people not showing as online until they IM you, wondering why you've not IMmed them etc. I've also sent an IM to the head man, Philip Linden (for all the good it'll do) asking for us to be able to have more groups... 25 just isn't enough and I'm forever having to drop some to be added to more, which are necessities. Trouble is, the others were sort of necessities too! It's infuriating. Anyway, we'll see if my going straight to the top will have any effect. I doubt it, but nothing ventured etc.

No comments: