Friday, March 7, 2008

I can has a meme...

That cheeky Kitty has tagged me for the book meme, so here goes with my response... The rules of the aforementioned meme are:

1: Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages)

2: Open the book to page 123

3: Find the 5th sentence

4: Post the next 3 sentences

5: Tag 5 more people

Okies, I pick up the book, turn to page 125, read the sentences are...

"'We took in instrumentals and other people's rap records, had a well-written and rehearsed rap, and sung over the instrumentals', they remember. Debbie, 'Reme-Dee', listened to and recorded every session they did, even though she only had a 'crap cassette recorder: I will always remember John Peel saying he hoped that one day we'd be making records of our own. The Cookie Crew first recorded on the hit 'Rok the House' in 1987, and signed to London Records in 1988."

The book in question is the utterly fascinating and amazing 'The Peel Sessions' by Ken Garner. It chronicles the history of the live music sessions that made John Peel's radio shows so brilliant, plus gives a complete session by session list of all artists, times, dates etc. It's incredible!

Now, I have to nominate 5 others to take this meme, so I pick... TheDiva, Veyron, Vint, Zoe and Dandellion... :D

1 comment:

TheDiva Rockin said...

I see it, but I'm saving it ;)